PA Green Industry Forum Wrap-Up
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Posted by: Cathy Corrigan
On March 2, members gathered at the Hershey Country Club for the PA Green Industry Forum, Member & Recognition Event. It was a member event that provided a little something for everyone; updates on the Association, education, networking, and fellowship.
We were so pleased to have three honored guests as the keynote speakers; PA Department of Agriculture Secretary Russell Redding, AmericanHort’s Senior Vice President of Advocacy and Industry Research Craig Regelbrugge and Susan Yoder, the Executive Director of the new national awareness initiative Seed Your Future. Each speaker provided their insight into the current state of the industry as it related to their respective roles and the groups response was outstanding.
Industry and business professionals moderated round table discussions on topics ranging from marketing and advertising to the growing workforce problem in this industry. Members were fully engaged and some of the discussions were so good that conversations continued after the event was over.
PLNA Board and staff presented the State of the Association providing updates on PLNA's programs such as consumer awareness efforts, membership benefits and the high school certification program.
And last, but not least, members were recognized for the 2017 PLNA Professional Awards, PCH Emeritus and Life Membership honors.
- Fredrick J. Mummert Award - Carl Jacobs, PCH Emeritus, Shiloh Landscape & Design, LLC
- Hall of Fame - Daniel J. Eichenlaub, PCH Emeritus, Eichenlaub, Inc.
- Exceptional Leadership - William H. Wells, PCH Emeritus, Water Crest Farms Nursery
- Green Achiever - Carrie Wiles, North Creek Nurseries
- Life Membership - Joanne Kostecky Petito
- PCH Emeritus Class- Jeffrey Bollinger, Hively Landscapes & Stephen Mostardi, Mostardi Nurseries
- PCH Emeritus Member - for the full list click here
Overall the event was fulfilling for everyone. We look forward to the 2018 event next winter and we hope to see you there!