PLNA Foundation Scholarship Program
To enhance the relationship between students and the landscape and nursery industry, the Pennsylvania Landscape and Nursery Association Foundation recognizes the effort of outstanding students in each of Pennsylvania’s colleges and universities offering horticulture nursery production, landscape contracting, or a strongly related field. This is in addition to any specifically named scholarships.
Each scholastic award winner receives a certificate and cash award for the current academic year to be applied to tuition, books, or educational supplies.
The following is a list of academic programs that qualify for the scholarship program:
- Delaware Valley University, Doylestown, PA
- Pennsylvania College of Technology, Williamsport, PA
- Penn State University, State College, PA
- Temple University - Ambler, PA
Individual Eligibility Requirements:
The candidates must major in horticulture or a related field based on the following criteria:
• The student is in the second year of study in a two-year program; or is in the junior or senior year if enrolled in a four-year program.
• The student has a 3.0 major grade point average and at least a 2.5 overall cumulative average.
• The student has excelled in special projects or activities demonstrating ability to apply knowledge gained to real life or on-the job situations.
• The student’s personality and willingness to continue in the nursery industry are positive factors.
A Scholarship Application must be submitted to the Foundation for each selected student by the deadline, October 31. Upon receipt and approval, the Trustees will review the applications and a letter will be sent to the student(s) notifying them of the award. This letter will also serve as notification to the college’s bursar’s office that this educational support is coming.
The monetary award will be issued in November and the student will be invited to attend the PLNA Membership Recognition event in January of the following year.
Click here to download the PLNA Foundation Scholarship Application
If you are aware of another academic program in the horticulture industry that could benefit from these scholarships, please contact Cathy Corrigan at ccorrigan@PLNA.com or call her at 717.238.1683.