The Pennsylvania Landscape & Nursery Association (PLNA) is the leading trade association representing Pennsylvania's $6.8 billion green industry. Founded in 1904, its member landscape contractors, retail garden centers, wholesale nurseries and greenhouses produce outdoor living environments that improve economic value, air quality, water quality and human health.
PLNA's Mission Statement:
To strengthen the landscape and nursery industry by building community, expanding knowledge, and protecting values.
• Increase the PLNA member community and enhance the relationships between fellow members
• Educate consumers on the benefits, services and professionalism of the green industry
• Provide the Pennsylvania green industry with certifications that are used as a standard base of knowledge
• Partner on educational programs to ensure consistent, current and relevant information is available to the industry
• Keep member community informed on current and pertinent information that relates to green industry business operations
• Monitor legislative and regulatory issues affecting the green industry to protect industry values
Our mission is accomplished through the following programs and services:
Member Community recruitment/retention – PLNA MeetUps, Member Recognition/Award programs
Consumer Awareness – OutdoorLivingPA.com
Professional Development & Certification programs – Pennsylvania Certified Horticulturist (PCH), Sustainable Landscaped Certified (SLC), Educational Partnerships
Government Relations – Lobbying, Advocacy and Government Agency Relations
Communications – e-News, Website, Newsletter, Social Media
Business Resources – cost saving and educational product partnerships
Wholesale Buyers Guides – industry specific online buyer’s reference guides for landscape contractors and retail garden centers
Click here to learn more about membership in the PLNA community.