Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In




Workers' Compensation & Unemployment Insurances
Share |

Labor and IndustryWorkers' Compensation Insurance and Unemployment Compensation Insurance

Department of Labor and Industry

Workers’ Compensation Insurance

Generally, any employer who hires at least one employee, part-time or full-time, is required to provide workers' compensation coverage. Employer's requirements may be met by purchasing a policy from an insurance company for workers' compensation. When an employee sustains a job-related accident resulting in bodily injury or suffers an occupational disease in the course of employment, the employer is subject to liability. The workers' compensation laws establish this liability as well as the benefits of the injured worker. Click here for more information.

Consumer Guide to Workers' Compensation Insurance

This guide is from the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and is an overview of the Pennsylvania workers’ compensation program.

Henry Dunn Insurance

Henry Dunn is a PLNA PartnerTM company specializing in insuring green industry businesses, both for general liability business insurance and workers’ compensation insurance.

State Workers Insurance Fund

SWIF was established by law to provide a quality workers' compensation program for Pennsylvania businesses that choose the Fund to meet their required obligation under the Workers' Compensation Act, and to contribute to a progressive, stable workers' compensation market in Pennsylvania. Click here to learn more.

Unemployment Compensation Insurance

All businesses providing full and/or part time employment to one or more workers must register with the Office of UC Tax Services. An enterprise may be a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, limited liability company, business trust, association, etc. Click here to learn more.

Free Mandatory Workplace Posters

Pennsylvania employers are required to post certain notices in their worksites so employees have access to and information about applicable labor laws. These posters can be downloaded for free from the link below.

All notices must be posted in a conspicuous place so that they can be seen and read by employees. Failure to post notices can result in stiff penalties and possible fines. In addition to the notices listed below, all government agencies and private employers with government contracts over $25,000 are required to publish and post an anti-drug policy statement in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1998.

Click here for information on how to obtain the posters.

Attention Landscape Contractors: Construction Workplace Misclassification Act (Act 72)

The Construction Workplace Misclassification Act (Act 72) which went into effect on Feb. 10, 2011, establishes a definition of "independent contractor" for purposes of workers' compensation, unemployment compensation, and worker classification. If you employ independent contractors, you must comply with this law. Click here for more information.

Sign In


THE ONE SYMPOSIUM by Verdant Earth Educators

Sign Up for PLNA e-News